Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Chin Chun Su Face Cream Review

“A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” 
― Coco Chanel


Hi Beauties! Today I'm gonna be reviewing the face cream that has been in the market for so long, I don't even know when it started sprouting out in your local drugstores. Ha! I know a lot of us is on the look out for any type of facial creams that would promise us great result which is sometimes sounded just too good to be true, maybe it really does? Who knows? Especially In the world of digital marketing and advertising, almost everyone knows how to photoshop E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G and A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G under the sun.

This product, you can't see at any advertisement on your television screen though, it just lays there at your drugstore waiting to be bought and to be tried out. Sooooo, here we go! On with the review.

Here's an overview of their company:

This company has devoted itself for many years for the development of a new kind of skin cream- CHIN CHUN SU FACE CREAM. It is made of high quality ingredients, the best cream for oriental skins both young and old. This new and improved cream makes your skin feels smooth and tender, helps skin from getting rough and dry.


Here on the other hand is the product's description:

Chin chun su facial cream is an all around non- irritant, powerful clearing and lightening facial cream, perfect for use on any external dark spots of your body such as the bikini area, armpit, nipple and knees. It is an excellent age defying cream against acne, age spots, dark spots, pimples, sun spots and wrinkle spots, thus making you look younger than your true age. Its very powerful clearing facial spots essence helps the body cure itself of skin problems caused by mother nature, time and environmental aggressors. This product is original and authentic, moisturize and prevents dry skin, can be used as a make up foundation, can be used all over your external body to remove blemishes and dark spots, can be used by young and old alike.

Here's what the product looks like:






Honestly, I have been using this product for the last 6-8 months I guess, and it really doesn't do much on my skin. I still get breakouts occasionally on my face especially on my cheek and forehead area, BUT when it comes to its whitening effect, i can see a lot of improvement with my complexion from the time period i started using this. My friends noticed that i became fairer and asks me what i did to achieve such fairer and lighter skin since I am originally a morena, I still am morena but i became lighter than my original skin tone, I just tell them I have been using whitening products such as Eskinol Pimple fighting facial cleanser and the Chin chun su face cream before i go to bed. *I did make a review of the Eskinol Pimple fighting facial cleanser, Go check it out and see if it works on you! :)*

Here's a before and after photo of me after using Chin Chun Su Face Cream (6-8 months gap)




As you can see from my before picture, I was really a morena but i have minimal dark spots and pimple marks, I can actually count it on my 5 fingers how few my spots were on my face at that time, but my problem was my skin tone, It's too dark for my liking. On the after photo shot, my skin became fairer and somewhat lighter after 8 months or so *I'm not wearing any make up on both pictures, BTW* . BUT I now have pimple marks everywhere all over my face. You can't see it much on this photo except for the ones i have in my right cheek which is really visible. I won't blame it from using Chin Chun Su, i really became stressed out on my school works (Thesis, etc,) for that time duration so it triggered my PIMPLE BREAKOUT ALARM. Hopefully, this summer, I will be able to clear my face or lessen the appearance of my dark spots before i go apply for a job as a Flight Attendant or as a Hotel Front Office staff. *BS Tourism Management Graduate, Baby!!*

DIRECTIONS FOR USE (based on the instructions on the label):

Wash face with warm water and mild soap before application. For best results, apply 2-3 times a day, morning, afternoon and bedtime. With your fingertips, get a small amount of cream and spread gently on face in an upward stroke. Rub well into the skin before it disappears. Apply more and frequently on blemishes, on the neck and also as a make up base for cosmetics. This cream can be worn day and night to help dry out pimples and make your skin smooth.

CAUTION!

When used for the first two weeks, more pimple will appear than before. This is a physiological reaction. The cream can get through the surface of the skin and clear up all the dirt in the skin. Do not stop using the product and the pimples will gradually disappear, this will make your skin smooth again. Those that are sensitive to the cream have red swell or itchiness on the face, don't be afraid. Temporarily stop using the cream and instead use egg white for 2 days after which, continue to use the cream.

--

For my personal usage, i only apply it once or twice a day, once if i'm only gonna stay home for the whole day and won't be needing to put on any make up *I use this as a make up base* I apply it just before bedtime. Twice if i'll be going out.

Would I RECOMMEND this product?

Yes, i would. As you can see, if you want to achieve whiter complexion without spending too much money on one product, then i suggest you try this baby out. It costs me only Php16.00 per pot, some drugstore sell it for Php20-25, but still very affordable. It helped me a lot in becoming fairer and even toned, but then again, don't expect too much on its ability to make your pimples/acne disappear. I would still recommend everyone to watch your diet and drink lots of water. You can NEVER go wrong with that one. 


-Lauren

60 comments:

  1. I have a lot of friends who have had bad experiences with this product! It is important to follow the proper regimen to have healthy skin but we must never forget to protect ourselves from the sun http://www.skincarecounsel.com/the-effects-of-sun-damage-are-no-day-at-the-beach hyft4h56

    ReplyDelete
  2. what are the ingredients? why it is not posted?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of women from my family has been using this product for a long time na, I always had my eye on this product since i was a kid. Some have bad experience with this but who knows what maybe they didn't read the caution part which tells you how to use the product when irritated. I have sensitive skin, i get allergies when using whitening stuff like Kojic, Pond's, especially the ponds cream with ginseng & safron! I had the worst break out after using that. Dad suggested this cream to me and it actually help me recover. I guess people have different skin and all... :) great job on this btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay! I agree that it's really important to carefully read all the instructions and to follow them religiously to achieve the expected result. I also have a sensitive skin. I get major break outs when using a product that isn't really for my skin type. I stopped using Pond's facial wash for a while because I noticed that my breakouts just keep coming wave after wave. It's really frustrating having such sensitive skin. But you just gotta embrace it! :) It's good to hear this cream helped you recover from pimple breakouts. And Thank you so much for reading! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi...in Philippines i always used Ponds products.And many of my friends using this cream (Chin Chun Su) this cream is so affordable and have a good result. And when i come and stay here in Germany i still used Ponds products but after a while my face is getting dry and itchy. I used several kinds of medical cream but nothing happen. And one Filipina friend of mine give me this Chin Chun Su cream. After 2 weeks i saw the nice and good result. Every time i go vacation in Philippines...i always buy 1 box of this cream to bring here in Germany. But ofcourse all our skin is not the same. Have a nice day everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can i ask what is the name of their company? this company destroyed the quality of my life. i bought chin chun su from chinese stores. sometimes in mercury drug stores. Until, one summer, i developed a severe case of dermatitis. if people are not quite aware of the impact dermatitis brings to people, i tell you, it is the worst that ever happened in my life. i was never the same again. so, please be careful with the creams and its always best to check out their ingredients. sometimes, they dont list ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi. i also used Ponds products but after using it for a few months, i had so much breakouts. my face was also itchy and dry. i hate that experience!!! so i stop using all ponds products. this time, maybe i'll try chin chun su product. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi everyone.. :)) can you please help me find suitable face cream products based on your experience. thanks a lot.. :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uhmm hello? Tanong ko lng if mabisa ba kapag ginamit ko yung eskinol then mag lalagay na ako ng chin chun su?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yan gamit ko before girl. Kaso nilagyan ko ng dalacin C yung eskinol tas yung orange na chinchansu ang gamit ko. Effective sia saken pero depende yan girl. Hiyangan lang kase yan eh.

      Delete
    2. Kapag hiyang sayo . kasi ako Gamit ko eskinol White after 1min. Apply ko na chin chun su :)

      Delete
    3. Hi... Same.with me, after taking shower at night, i used eskinol white to scrub my whole body.. As in lahatlalo na sa singit at siko. then i will apply chin chun su. I started using it when i was 16 and now, im 42 and i never changed my beauty regimen. Suoer kikinis ang skin nio, at ma achive nio fair complexion. Wag lang kayo mag papa init ng walang gamit na sunblock 35 up and it never fails me...

      Delete
  9. how will i know if fake chin chan su? kc i bought one then when i try it on my face, prang oil lng sya ang nakukha ko sa finger tips ko ndi cream.. ganun ba talaga un?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'd like to know the answer to this question, too.
      Are there like, holographic stickers to look out for?

      Delete
    2. check out the bottom of the container. genuine one has MADE IN TAIWAN embossed on it. the fake one has PHILIPPINES embossed on it.

      Delete
  10. Nagamit din ako ng ponds dati, 13 years old ako nun nung nagpunta sila sa school namin sa davao at nagbigay ng free samples, ay grabeng break out na nangyari non. I knew ang ponds ang dahilan nun kase yung lang nung time na yun ang ginamit ko. Hahahha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ay nako same girl! nung 13 din ako first uear, binigyan kami ng ponds na pink (with koream ginseng and safron) nasira fez ko. sobrang daming breakouts

      Delete
  11. Gumagamit ako nito color orange :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. super effective more than 15 years ko na tong ginagamit kaya up to now wala pa din akong wrinkles kaya sabi nga nila it didn't look to me my true age.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Di pa ako gumamit nito kac nga napakamura,.bt wen i read ur positive reviews,.i was really convince..maki try nga,.dami ko kasing pimples nd blackheads..

    ReplyDelete
  14. For me dis kind of beauty face cream is effective i used dis product for 2years already.my face become smooth and fair..

    ReplyDelete
  15. For me dis kind of beauty face cream is effective i used dis product for 2years already.my face become smooth and fair..

    ReplyDelete
  16. For me dis kind of beauty face cream is effective i used dis product for 2years already.my face become smooth and fair..

    ReplyDelete
  17. This thing works! I use it as my dark spot cream.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Im using this starting today, I just want to try how effective it really is. Hope it works for my acne :D *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  19. your 10grams of CCS last for how many days?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been using chin chun su for about 3weeks already, it dries up pimples even just for 2days..affer i applied it, i used to apply powder, beacause of it's oily texture. It's effective, so far it does not cause me breakouts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi po. em okay lng po ba na after kung gumamit ng chin chun su, mag aaply ulit ako ng make up, powder? wala po bang side effects??

    ReplyDelete
  22. okay lng po ba na ganun? or may bad effects sha?

    ReplyDelete
  23. how to know if the chinchunsu face cream is original or not? I bought it at mercury drug but at the back, it has PHILIPPINES engraved on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MADE IN TAIWAN po yung nkalagay

      Delete
  24. hi Guys. I'm first time user of this product. gusto ko lang po malaman kung may bad signs po ba ang cream na ito? kulay pink po kase ang binili ko.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am using this product too:-) and yes this is very effective:-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. It really depends if you are "HIYANG" to a certain product.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I used it during my college days and its was really great. Since many products came into the market it was outshined. Now I've got a lot of dark spots or melasma and so desperate to try everything since going to the derma is so expensive. Chin chun su came into my mind. I'll try the magic of it again that it did to me before. I just hope and pray it will still work to me this time.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Kakagamit ko lang netong chin chun su ngayong araw kasi napansin ko paitim ng paitim yung mukha ko. Sana effective siya although medyo makati sya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gnyan din sa akin nangangati tapos lumalabas laht nang tigyawat natural lang ba yun

      Delete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Is it safe for breastfeeding mom? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is safe, just dont accidentally put some on your bussoms before you feed the baby.

      Delete
  32. I tried this...it is effective so far!

    ReplyDelete
  33. nakaka bata po ba talaga? kung maglalagay ako ng chin chun su, pwede ba ulit maglagay ng ibang cream? safe po ba mga ingridients nito?

    ReplyDelete
  34. I used the pink one effective nmn sya . Gamit ko kasi pang wash on face ay Safeguard pink with aloe then i used my toner Belo Men then ilalagay ko na yung chinshansu

    ReplyDelete
  35. worked for me when i was younger, im a guy btw, at first i had break outs because of the purging but then after a week or so my face became fairer (not that im not fair already) but what became fairer is my acne and acne marks becoming lighter and lighter till they're completely gone, my face became radiant and rosy. i recomend this to all the girls who're having problems with acne.

    my skin is half asian and hispanic by the way and a bit oily compaired to most. i use this cream before going to bed and when i'm about to leave, i use double concentration for spots back then when i have spots and as it all faded away, i do thin applications every now and then but i kept my face smooth and fair-er. hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for those who are asking for the ingredients in it, it has pearl powder, talc, vit A, vit E, sulfur (that's why it smells like that), salysilic acid and beta carotine for the newer versions.

      dont apply anything else on your face and you dont need facial toners and cleansers for a better result, you use mild soap to avoid irritations and please sleep on time for maximum effect. chin chun su works by allowing your skin to regenerate on it's own that's why the reaults varry from person to person basis.. if your hormones are imbalanced, so too will the effect as it will allow your skin to regenerate and renew faster. in short it can have the desired and undesired results. so before you use this product make sure you're healthy to begin with.

      check the package if it says taiwan, if it does then you're good to go and also, check the seal if it's been tampered with.

      take care.

      Delete
    2. Saan kapo na kabili ng tatak taiwan sir?

      Delete
    3. Saan kapo na kabili ng tatak taiwan sir?

      Delete
  36. pwede po ba gumamit ang nagpapasuso wala po bang side effect sa baby? thank you po.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes wala, wag mo lang lalagyan yung nipples mo ng cream hahaha!

      Delete
  37. Hi po, curious lang po ako if ano'ng differences sa pink at orange na chin chun su?

    ReplyDelete
  38. I have a question that if i accidentally use an expired chin chun su june 2018 is the expiration i've so many left items that been already expired i contemplating in throwing them it's such a waste of money.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Can i continously used it even it has been expired last june 2018?

    ReplyDelete
  40. Are you still using this product? Its my 1st week and my clogged pores are turning into pimples... Should i continue using this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nagkaron kaba agad ng pimples from your first or second apllication? Ako medyo natatakot din gumamit baka magka break out. So far, third day ko na wala pa namang any breakout. Sana wala talaga.

      Delete
  41. I have been using this product since 1992, my face has no wrinkles compared to my age group. General guess for my age is 35 yrs old but I am already 55. This is the only cream I used not even using toner, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  42. may i know also on how we will know the exp. date of the said cream & can we still use it even though it's already expired?

    ReplyDelete